- 1kg strawberries (the most tastiest … gariguette, charlotte, mara des bois …)
- 300 to 350 grams of sugar
- 2 lemon juice with the pulp
- 250 grams of whole fresh cream (semi-skimmed for those who wish)
- a mixer
- a (pretty) bowl
- a (ugly) deep plastic bowl
- 3 plastic boxes with lids (ice tray or recovered kind tuperware)
How to : prepare a delicious french strawberry and crème fraiche ice cream in 10 steps
- Rinse strawberries quickly under water (unless they are rinsed, the more they retain their flavor), take aside some strawberries for decoration
- Remove the stalks from the strawberries and cut into 2 or 3 pieces according to the size of the fruit in a bowl, add the lemon juice and pulp
- Set in first 300 grams of sugar (we will add if necessary depending on the flavor of strawberries) & crème fraîche
- Mix gently and then more rapidly, it should not remain pieces of strawberries,
then taste ! once, twice, three times and stop!
- Add a little sugar if necessary, the mixture should be very sweet because the sweet taste loses strength with freezing, sugar dose depends on the quality of the fruit that can be more or less sweet
- Transfer the mixture into a plastic container (best conductor for the cold in this case) and top edge and then place it in the freezer
- Every two hours, mix it well taking off the edges that freeze much faster than the center, put in the freezer.
- When the mixture is mixed well with a dense cream, as a liquid paste, pour into plastic ice trays, the ideal is that the height of each ice does not exceed 4/5 cm & return to freezer
- Remove the ice before meals to make it to the right consistency for dessert
- Up to you to serve and decorate according to your mood, you can accompany it with french “financiers“, delicious homemade sea salt shortbread, small very round madeleines …
If you want your ice is perfect to enjoy straight from the freezer, neither too hard nor too soft, place the ice tray when the ice has its ideal consistency, in an airtight freezer bag before placing it in the freezer, so your ice will be perfect for his next outing.
Happy tasting “les chefs” !